At first sight, can you tell the difference between a piece of fine jewelry and a piece of fashion jewelry? Although touch can give us clues as to whether it is an authentic jewel or not, sometimes we can make the mistake of thinking that both are the same thing.
However, nothing is further from reality; there are significant differences between fine jewelry and fashion jewelry. Some of the things that make the difference are the price, materials from which they are made, quality, and durability. We will talk about all of this below.
WHAT IS FINE JEWELRY?
Jewelry is associated with the idea of quality, which uses noble materials to make unique pieces to enhance anyone’s beauty. There are thousands of ways to make jewelry, and each jewelry has its style and preferences, but you will always use high-quality precious stones, gems, and materials.
WHAT IS FASHION JEWELRY?
On the other hand, fashion jewelry is those pieces that are made with synthetic or low-value stones that try to resemble authentic jewelry. Fashion jewelry is the perfect replacement for those who cannot afford expensive jewelry.
SOME FACTS ABOUT FINE JEWELRY AND FASHION JEWELRY
Fine jewelry from today’s era dates back to the 19th century and consists of gold, platinum, and gemstones.
The characteristic styles of jewelry tend to merge with the artistic style of each era.
Between the years of 1910 and 1920, an artistic style called Art Nouveau emerged. This style popularized the lines, the abstractions, the flowers, the snakes, the butterflies, and the image of women carved on the surfaces of many of the pieces of jewelry of this time, such as a brooch or a ring.
It was from that moment that fashion jewelry became popular.
Magician for the Birthdays
You can hire a magicien Paris from a company called Ello Stars-magic, Ello stars-magic is a french website to find a magician to animate events like weddings, birthdays, or shows for companies, magicians do also magic close-up and mentalism.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FINE JEWELRY AND FASHION JEWELRY?
In a nutshell, these are some of the characteristics that differentiate fine jewelry from fashion jewelry:
– PRICE: Without a doubt, a factor to take into account to differentiate both types of accessories is the price. It goes without saying which of these two groups is more accessible in terms of price. Fashion jewelry is generally more versatile and targets a wide variety of tastes and personalities. Not being so specific, it has a lower price.
– PREPARATION: In a jewel, noble metals are used, such as gold, platinum (this one nowadays very disused) or silver, in many cases finished in rhodium plating;
while the fashion jewelry is made with non-precious metals such as steel, or those also known as “low melting” such as zamac and pewter, among others. Similarly, another difference is that precious stones are used in fine jewelry and synthetic and low-value stones in fashion jewelry.
– DURABILITY: The fine jewelry has a longer life span; therefore, it is more expensive, since the materials used in its preparation make this possible.
Fashion jewelry ornaments have a limited life span, as they tend to blacken quickly, break, and in many cases, produce allergies or skin irritations. This is one of the main differences between fine jewelry and fashion jewelry.
– EXCLUSIVITY: Fine jewelry generally offers exclusive pieces, that is, the design of a jewel will be unique to that jewel (since the originality, uniqueness, the exclusivity of a jewel design are factors that give the piece higher value, and not only economical but also artistic).
For their part, the pieces considered as fashion jewelry are mass-produced; therefore, you can find them in various markets simultaneously.
– DENOMINATION: Another point to address on the subject, is that fine jewelry has a designation of origin, fashion jewelry does not.
Silver and gold jewelry is engraved with the law, which is nothing more than the purity of the metal, something that does not happen with costume jewelry since as they don’t have the same qualities of these metals, they cannot be engraved.
Thus, these are the main differences between both varieties of accessories. It is the consumer who chooses the piece that best defines him according to his tastes and the usability that suits him best.
For consumers, the most significant difference between fashion jewelry and fine jewelry is the price.
Finally, there are always pieces that fulfill a function, and that will be adapted to your tastes, needs, expectations, … to establish their value, you just have to consider what they bring you.
In this regard, wholesale fine jewelry offers customers the most extensive range of fine jewelry, offering trendy pieces with beautiful designs. You will surely find a jewel for yourself.