Glutamine, or Glycine, is one of the 20 essential amino acids. What does glutamine accomplish? This amino acid has been known for its vital role in muscle growth, repair and synthesis.
- According to studies, glutamine benefits really are abundant: it promotes brain health and digestive function, helps with recovery from injuries and illnesses, and even this amino acid has been shown to decrease the risk of cancer. So what makes glutamine so great? Well, glutamine is a necessary element for building muscle mass and repairing muscles after strenuous activity.
- As mentioned previously, glutamine benefits can be substantial when taken prior to a workout or training session. However, the benefits don’t stop there! In fact, since glutamine is also an amino acid, taking it following a work-out allows for increased energy and stamina as well. During a workout, your body’s ability to rebuild and repair muscle tissue is greatly increased. You can further improve your recovery by adding up to your glutamine dosage hours before your workout to allow your muscles to recover more quickly.
- However, even with all of these amazing benefits, many people still wonder, “What’s the best way to take glutamine?” Glutamine supplements are often used in combination with other supplements, such as L-Glutamine, which focuses on improving nutrient distribution within the body while replenishing the muscle tissue that was damaged during the workout.
- Another supplement that is often used in conjunction with glutamine is creatine, which will also boost your body’s ability to recover faster and increase muscle mass and strength. While most people associate these supplements with professional body builders, they are also used by everyday people who want to maximize their gains and reduce the amount of time required for post-workout recovery.
- For everyday people, there are a variety of reasons why they would choose to add a glutamine supplement to their diet. One of the primary benefits of consuming a supplement containing L-glutamine is to improve general health. As previously mentioned, L-glutamine is an essential amino acid that enhances muscle growth and recovery times. When added to a healthy diet rich in protein, amino acids, and carbohydrates, L-glutamine will promote a long, balanced, and active lifestyle.
- There are many people who question the benefits of adding a supplement like L-glutamine to their diet. One of the main concerns is whether or not the body will be able to absorb enough of this amino acid to benefit from its positive health benefits. There have been some studies performed to test the absorption rates of L-glutamine and have discovered that there are many people who are unable to properly absorb it. These studies have indicated that many people may experience the same symptoms or problems that occur when taking steroids. Another concern deals with potential side effects and how some L-glutamine benefits may cause potential side effects for some people. It is important to talk to a healthcare professional before starting a regimen of supplements such as L-glutamine.
Have you ever tried a glutamine supplement? If yes, then feel free to share your experience with us in the comments section below.