The emergence of major online retailers such as eBay and Amazon has changed the retail market. Companies have been working tirelessly to make online marketplaces accessible to everyday businesses. BigCommerce has done just that and has changed the way Americans, and others in the global market, make purchases. In the 1990s the rise of online retailers was revolutionary, but in the 2020s same-day delivery can be even bigger.
Same-day delivery unlocks many possibilities for businesses looking to grow and provide quality service to their customers. Some businesses feel same-day delivery is a hassle and hard to set up, but in reality companies like FlashBox make it easy and it can greatly increase sales on BigCommerce.
Let’s explore some of the key factors that contribute to same-day delivery increasing sales on BigCommerce.
1- Easy Integration of Delivery Logistics
The logistics components required for same-day delivery are complex, but with BigCommerce and companies like FlashBox providing integration options, anyone can add it to their store. Updated inventory, delivery ETAs, and various other features need to be integrated with BigCommerce systems to provide optimal results.
Off-the-shelf BigCommerce solutions are great for today’s e-commerce requirements. However, companies starting same-day deliveries want more features such as data storage, automated data generation and real-time shipping and delivery alerts for their customers. For advanced warehouse management systems, you need a custom BigCommerce solution to fully be in control of your business.
2- The Offering Will Be Adopted by SMBs
BigCommerce struggles to compete with same-day deliveries from major competitors but can themselves benefit from the same innovation. Hubb Deliveries is a small firm in London that offers same-day delivery to contributing stores throughout the city. Shoptiques is a small fashion company that provides users with access to boutique products in metropolitan areas worldwide and offers same-day delivery for a fee of $23.
A new generation of start-ups and small businesses can offer expanded services to grow their businesses by addressing the fact that shoppers appreciate and are willing to pay for same-day services. BigCommerce retailers can take advantage of same-day delivery by connecting with delivery companies to provide same-day deliveries to their customers.
Impact of Same-Day Delivery on BigCommerce sales
Considering that online shopping is becoming more and more common for consumers, it is only natural that there is also demand for more advanced shipping options to ensure faster delivery.
The supply of online retailers continue to increase, so how does faster delivery help retailers stand out? Here are some statistics to illustrate the importance of same-day delivery:
- More than 60% of people claim that faster delivery is an essential factor in making an online purchasing decision.
- Significant growth in BigCommerce outperforms overall retail sales growth. Business owners and consumers can expect e-commerce revenue to reach $7 trillion next year. That’s nearly double the revenue from 2020.
- Most consumers expect online orders to be shipped and delivered to their homes quickly, but as the demand for online orders increases, so does the burden on parcel delivery and courier companies. This means it will be harder for traditional delivery companies to meet their customer’s needs.
- BigCommerce has constantly been pressured to offer incentives to attract customers, which is expected for online retail. Personal data such as name, address, and even date of birth has become standard data collected by websites. Most consumers are willing to share this information when any discount or incentive is offered.
- Customer expectations for fast delivery are usually for same-day or next-day delivery, so business owners are willing to pay more for quicker delivery. It is important to consider that some buyers are more focused on shipping options than researching the company or the products they are selling.
- Free shipping is becoming standard, and customers are beginning to expect it. A quarter of users say they’re using Amazon Prime’s free 3-hour delivery option to get their products quicker.
- Almost half of the consumers said they were ready to wait two days for their product, while a quarter said they would expect it in three to four days. Not offering a same-day or next-day delivery option could lose a quarter of your customers.
Entrepreneurs must provide their customers with same-day delivery even if it adds a layer of complexity to the business. The easiest way to do this is by integrating delivery services with BigCommerce.
Delivery services allow businesses to focus on their customer’s needs while providing the level of service they expect. This integration allows rapid expansion at an inexpensive rate. It is possible to provide same-day delivery to reduce travel time while maintaining low costs.
BigCommerce needs to strategically meet its customer’s needs – in order to stand out from other platforms. Same-day delivery will only increase sales.
For more articles visit this website